Ayers Career College Admissions Process
Hands-On Vocational Training in Shreveport-Bossier City
Admissions Officers at Ayers Career College make a point to meet prospective students face-to-face. Ayers feels that this is the best way to assess an individual’s commitment to their educational goals.
Applicants who are interested in attending Ayers Career College will be accepted into the school once they satisfy all of the following admission requirements.
Steps of Enrollment into Ayers
- Applicant must be 18-years-or-older
- The student has a high school diploma from a high school recognized by the state where it is located or a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma such as a general education development (GED) certificate or a document from a state authority (to the school’s satisfaction)
- An applicant must request and complete an appointment for a personal interview with an Admissions Officer
- Applicants for the Heating/AC/Refrigeration, Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician and Healthcare Administrative Assistant programs must meet the minimum score of 15 or higher on the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam
- Applicants for the Information Technology Specialist program must meet the minimum score of 17 on the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam
- The applicant must sign an Enrollment Agreement
- The students must pay their enrollment fee
Once all steps are completed, the applicant will then be admitted into Ayers Career College. The student must then complete the following to be accepted into their program study of choice.
Steps for Admission into Program
- The student has a financial plan on file
- The student provides the school with one of the following before their course starts but no later than five (5) days from starting their course, or the student will be withdrawn from their program of study:
- A copy of their high school diploma,
- A copy of their equivalent of a high school diploma,
- A copy of their official high school transcript,
- The student’s GED scores at or above the state agency’s passing level awarding the GED
- Applicants for the HVAC and Information Technology Specialist programs must possess a valid driver’s license and may be subject to a criminal background check and a drug screening
- Applicants for the Pharmacy Technician program must complete a criminal background check and a drug screening before being accepted into the program
- Applicants for the Medical Assistant program must provide a copy of the immunization record reflecting current TB skin test (within one year) and Hepatitis B series (within last ten (10) years)
*Pharmacy Technician students must pass a second criminal background check before a temporary training permit is issued by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy. If the second background for the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy is not passed, the student will be terminated from the program.
Late Admissions into Ayers Career College
A new student must begin attending classes within two (2) days following the official start date. If no attendance is recorded for the student, their enrollment will be canceled. If the College cancels a student’s registration in a program of study, the student can pursue readmission at the next available start date. Any time missed within the first two days following the official start date will be counted as absences for Attendance Policy purposes.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and would like to get the admissions process started, please fill out our admissions application, or call us at 1-800-317-0131. Ayers Career College staff looks forward to meeting you and helping you get on the right track to a new and exciting career!
TAKE THE FIRST STEP!
By clicking above, I consent to receive telephone calls and text messages from Ayers Career College containing information at the number above about their programs. I understand that the calls and messages may be initiated with automated equipment and that I am not required to provide this consent to be eligible to enroll.