Trade School Scholarships: Resources for Students
How Do I Find Scholarships for Trade Schools?
With the rising cost of school, many students are turning to various financial aid assistance options to fund their education. One avenue many explore is scholarships, which are non-repayable monetary awards given to a selected winner. Typically, a judging panel chooses winners based on a wide array of criteria. Scholarships help encourage students to do their best in school, keep them excited about learning, and make the workforce more knowledgeable.
Traditionally used by traditional four-year students, ample trade school scholarships are available for students who demonstrate financial need to achieve their vocational or technical goals. Keep reading to see just some of the scholarships available for healthcare, HVAC, and pharmacy students and how the team at Ayers Career College can help!
Below are two of the many healthcare scholarships students can apply for. Click on each scholarship name to learn more about these opportunities and the application process.
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
- Amount: Up to $10,000
- Qualifications: You must intend to major in a healthcare-related field and demonstrate leadership skills in your community and school activities to be eligible for this award.
- MJ Foster Promise Program
- Amount: Varies
- Qualifications: Students must be 21 or older, have earned a high school diploma or equivalent, and plan to pursue an education credential that aligns with high-demand jobs in growing industry sectors.
HVAC Scholarships for Prospective Students
We have listed below two of the dozens of HVAC scholarships available to prospective HVAC students. For more information about each scholarship, click on the name. For more information about our HVAC training program, click here.
- The Home Depot Foundation Path to Pro Scholarship
- Amount: $2,000
- To qualify for this HVAC scholarship, candidates should be a high school senior, a high school graduate, or possess a GED equivalent.
- Candidates should also intend to enroll or be currently enrolled in a recognized trade-related program at a U.S.-based two-year institution (such as a technical or vocational school or college).
- Trinity Warranty Scholarship
- Amount: $2,000
- Any student who wants to apply for this scholarship must be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident and be on course to pursue a certificate, diploma, or associate degree in HVAC/R Technology.
Scholarships for Pharmacy Students
The two scholarships listed below are just a small amount of the available scholarships for pharmacy students. Similar to the above, click the name of the scholarships to learn more about them and to apply. You can also learn more about our Pharmacy Technician training program by clicking here.
- Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Certification Scholarship
- Amount: $250
- To be eligible for this pharmacy scholarship, you must be enrolled in an Allied Health or Pharmacy Technician program, be eligible to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification in the semester following the scholarship being awarded, demonstrate financial need, and exhibit stellar academic involvement.
- GoodRx Equity in Pharmacy Scholarship
- Amount: $5,000
- Qualifications: The applicant must be a current pharmacy technician student or recently graduated within the last six months, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and self-identify as an underrepresented population member in the healthcare field.
Tips on Applying For Trade School Scholarships
- Start early and research thoroughly: The earlier you start applying for scholarships, the more chance you have of obtaining one you want.
- Tailor your applications to match each scholarship: Each scholarship is unique, and companies are looking for different qualities in their candidates. Therefore, you must tailor your application to that scholarship to stand out.
- Write compelling essays and proofread them: Grammatical errors or mistypes are the easiest mistakes one can make when applying for scholarships. You can easily fix these mistakes by proofreading your application. You can also have a family member or friend look over the application so you can get another perspective.
- Secure strong letters of recommendation: Some scholarships require recommendation letters from various advisors in your life. Teachers and mentors are always happy to put in a good word about their students. Be sure to meet with them well before the application deadline, so they have ample time to write your recommendation.
How Ayers Can Help You with Trade School Scholarships and More
Money shouldn’t be the thing that decides if you can get a good education. That’s why Ayers Career College has different ways to help you get the training you want! Our staff and instructors are here to help you pursue your career goals. We also offer financial aid and job placement assistance to any qualifying student.
For more information on our training programs and how to get started, give us a call at 800-317-0131.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP!
By clicking above, I consent to receive telephone calls and text messages from Ayers Career College containing information at the number above about their programs. I understand that the calls and messages may be initiated with automated equipment and that I am not required to provide this consent to be eligible to enroll.